How to Create a QuickBooks Report of Bank Transfers
A reader couldn't figure out how to create a report in QuickBooks that shows all the funds transferred between bank accounts. It's actually fairly easy:
- Choose Reports | Accountant & Taxes | Transaction Detail by Account from the QuickBooks menu bar.
- Select the Date Range you need.
- Click Customize Report (Modify Report in QuickBooks versions prior to 2012) to display the Modify Report dialog.
- Go to the Filters tab.
- Select Account as the filter
- Then select All Bank Accounts from the Account drop down list.
- Next, select Transaction Type as the filter.
- From the Transaction Type drop down list choose Transfer.
- Click OK to save the changes and return to the report.
Voilá, you've got a QuickBooks report listing all the bank transfers that occurred during the selected date range.