Using Spell Check in QuickBooks
QuickBooks has a spell checking option that can be useful in preventing some embarrassing mistakes. QuickBooks will automatically check your work for spelling errors when you enable the Always Check Spelling Before Printing, Saving, Or Sending Reported Forms option. You can tell QuickBooks to overlook certain types of words by using the settings found in the Ignore Words With section, which has options to tell QuickBooks to ignore words with Internet Addresses, Numbers, Capitalized First Letters, All Uppercase Letters, and Mixed Case words. You can also add custom-spelled words during spell check by telling QuickBooks that a word flagged as possibly misspelled is, in fact, spelled correctly. To enable this feature:
- Choose Edit | Preferences from the QuickBooks menu bar.
- Click the Spelling icon on the left pane and click the My Preferences tab.
- Click the Always Check Spelling Before Printing, Saving, Or Sending Reported Forms option.
- Choose which types of words QuickBooks should ignore when checking spelling by choosing check boxes in the Ignore Words With section.
- Click OK to save your settings.