Reminders in QuickBooks
The Reminders option in QuickBooks allows you to see a message box when you open a company in QuickBooks, alerting you to accounting or bookkeeping tasks that need to be done. You can choose whether you want to see reminders in a summary list or with a complete detailed list. For a number of the tasks you must designate when you want your reminders to appear. To set up your reminders in QuickBooks:
- Choose Edit | Preferences from the QuickBooks menu bar.
- Click the Reminders icon on the left pane and click the Company Preferences tab.
- Choose Show Summary, Show List, or Don’t Remind Me for each of the enumerated available reminders (Some of the items might be grayed out because they are only available in QuickBooks Premier editions).
- Choose the amount of lead time you want for each of the items by filling in the box to the far right.
- Click the My Preferences tab and click the Show Reminders List When Opening A Company File check box.