Customizing QuickBooks for Sending Forms
When you email invoices, statements, reports or any other transactions to customers and vendors via email, QuickBooks creates an email message to accompany the form. This message can be customized for each form that you email. QuickBooks allows you to design the message, subject, and salutation that are sent with the e-mailed transactions. For example, when sending invoices to customers you can specify that the subject line always says, “An invoice from ABC Company.” Each type of customer or vendor transaction can have a different message that accompanies the e-mailed transaction. To customize emails for one or all of the transactions that you send to customers and vendors:
- Choose Edit | Preferences from the QuickBooks menu bar.
- Click the Send Forms icon on the left pane, and click the Company Preferences tab.
- Using the drop-down menus, select which type of transaction to customize, the greeting field to use, and which salutation you want.
- Fill in the bcc and subject lines you would like to always appear when sending this type of QuickBooks transaction.
- Enter the body of the message that will accompany the transaction. Try to make it general enough that it will fit for any customer.
- If appropriate, go back and select another type of QuickBooks transaction and customize the fields for those emails.
- When finished with all transaction types, click OK to save your settings.