Adding Icons to the Home Page in QuickBooks
The QuickBooks Home page has links and icons you use to access the features and functions you need to run your business in QuickBooks. The Home page window is divided into sections to make it easy to find icons and see the workflow those icons represent. The Home page is dynamic; that is, the icons and workflow arrows it contains change as you enable the various features available in QuickBooks. For example, if you enable inventory tracking, QuickBooks adds icons in the Vendors section for inventory-related tasks. If you want to add an icon on the Home page for a particular feature (such as Estimates) you must first enable the feature. To add (or delete) an icon on the Home page:
- Choose Edit | Preferences from the QuickBooks menu bar.
- Click the Desktop View icon on the left pane and click the Company Preferences tab.
- In the Customers and Vendors sections select which task icons you want to show on the Home page by clicking the individual check boxes.
- In the Related Preferences section, verify that the feature has been enabled.
- If the feature hasn’t been enabled, click the feature’s name to open its category in the Preferences dialog, turn the feature on, and then click the Desktop View icon to return to the Related Preferences window.
- Click OK to save your preferences.